A waxed paper origami kit with all the tools you need to create your own cargo boat. An activity perfectly suited for children and adults alike.
The waxed paper means this boat is completely watertight, so once the fun of the making is complete, you can have hours of fun sailing it in a tub or pond.
Each kit has different coloured paper, so please note your boat may be a different colourway to that pictured.
Origami Kit Contains |
- hand-waxed Japanese washi paper
- waxed linen string
- wooden tool
- illustrated instruction booklet
- presented in a folded envelope
- suitable for children aged 7+ (younger children can play with these boats, but may need help constructing them)
- kit contains sharp tool, so ensure adult supervision with children
- finished boat size ~ 30(l) x 18(h) x 5(w) cm
WAX Atelier re-visits traditional techniques ranging from candle dipping, paper making, to crafted textiles using natural wax. Making becomes a tool to experience the interconnection between the natural world and material culture. WAX Atelier was founded in 2017 by multidisciplinary designers Lola Lely and Yesenia Thibault-Picazo, in London.