A mini version of Selwyn House's traditional serving board ~ this would make a useful addition to any kitchen counter. Chop lemons for G&T's on a summer's evening, serve baklava to the table after a Middle Eastern feast or use as a snack board for children.
Handmade from oak, felled sustainably here in Britain from small independent saw mills who really care about the quality of their timber. This oak has been air-dried for 18 months ~ a slow, patient process resulting in fantastically characterful wood, as well as wood that is strong and sturdy.
Each board is carefully cut, shaped and sanded by hand from one single piece of wood to ensure as smooth and useable surface as possible. It's then finished in food-safe mineral oil, with a final coating of vegan wood balm which brings out the grain with a subtle lustre.
- length including handle 29cm, width 11.5cm, thickness 2cm
- vegan cork leather hanging loop
- don't submerge in water, not suitable for dishwashers
- wipe clean with a damp cloth and dry straight away
- oil every few months to keep it hydrated using wood balm
- by the handmade nature of this board, the knots or striations across the surface will differ from board to board
Selwyn House is formed by Sean Best and Ellie Smalls, who met studying Fine Art at Leeds Arts University.
Always drawn to making things, Sean bought a second-hand lathe and began teaching himself woodturning. Combining their creative talents, Sean & Ellie began to create small-batch handmade serveware & homeware from the best British-grown timbers they could get their hands on.