Inspired by the Japanese tradition of wrapping with cloth, these bento bags were initially intended to be an enjoyable way to carry fruit and vegetables while reducing packaging. They are a must for your plastic-free shopping kit but they shouldn’t be limited to carrying groceries alone.
We have designed these to be significantly deeper than most bento bags, meaning that they can be used to carry toys, toiletries or a packed lunch. Take to your market, on holiday or to the picnic. And, by their very nature, they can adapt their shape, they’re light to carry and can be washed over and over and will withstand years of use.
- set of two different sizes | approx. 60cm x 34cm and 52cm x 28cm
- sewn by hand by Jane, Scissors & Pins Studio in Stroud, UK.
- prewashed for softness and so they won’t shrink on their first wash at home
- machine washable with similar colours at 30 degrees
- will arrive neatly folded, but please note that the fabric will have natural creases (which we think are gorgeous)
- 100% linen from Merchant and Mills
Scissors & Pins is a textile and workshop studio, where Jane, the founder, lives and breathes textiles and as a friend of Object Story, this was a collaboration that had to be given life. The linens we use are Merchant and Mills, and all the textiles in this range are designed to withstand everyday life and get softer over time.